Honda Dax

Chat about any motorbike here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Argyll
Benefactor
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am
Current Ride: GTS 300 HPE
Location: SW Scotland

Honda Dax

Post by Argyll »

I wasn't really looking for one of these but a pal of mine bought one 3 years ago as a pit bike but didn't get on with it and wanted it gone. He only managed a grand total of 32 miles, half of that round Spa on a non race day and the rest by his race engineer every 6 months or so to keep it fresh. It's definitely had an oil change but whether that's with running in oil or not I don't know. Anyway, I'm just going to ride it however I like. It's quite a torquey little thing and much quicker than I expected and, of course, much fun. Took me half a day to get used to the semi-auto gearbox but I wouldn't say that I'm a great fan of the heel/toe setup on any bike (yet).

Image

User avatar
mottza
Admin
Posts: 3957
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:28 pm
Current Ride: Yamaha MT 07 AMT
Location: Essex Sunshine Coast
Contact:

Re: Honda Dax

Post by mottza »

Good engines them. Just change the oil really regularly (800ml). My cub oil was black after 850 miles.
2025 Yamaha MT-07 2025 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

User avatar
Argyll
Benefactor
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am
Current Ride: GTS 300 HPE
Location: SW Scotland

Re: Honda Dax

Post by Argyll »

Yeah, I watched a guy on youtube changing his oil after 300 odd miles and it was already very dark. I thought that he'd got his mileage wrong but that makes sense now. The spec for these is 10w30 although I thought that the Cub was 10w40? Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it doesn't matter what I put in.

Post Reply