
Honda Dax
- Argyll
- Benefactor
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am
- Current Ride: GTS 300 HPE
- Location: SW Scotland
Honda Dax
I wasn't really looking for one of these but a pal of mine bought one 3 years ago as a pit bike but didn't get on with it and wanted it gone. He only managed a grand total of 32 miles, half of that round Spa on a non race day and the rest by his race engineer every 6 months or so to keep it fresh. It's definitely had an oil change but whether that's with running in oil or not I don't know. Anyway, I'm just going to ride it however I like. It's quite a torquey little thing and much quicker than I expected and, of course, much fun. Took me half a day to get used to the semi-auto gearbox but I wouldn't say that I'm a great fan of the heel/toe setup on any bike (yet).


- mottza
- Admin
- Posts: 3957
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:28 pm
- Current Ride: Yamaha MT 07 AMT
- Location: Essex Sunshine Coast
- Contact:
Re: Honda Dax
Good engines them. Just change the oil really regularly (800ml). My cub oil was black after 850 miles.
2025 Yamaha MT-07 2025 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125
- Argyll
- Benefactor
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am
- Current Ride: GTS 300 HPE
- Location: SW Scotland
Re: Honda Dax
Yeah, I watched a guy on youtube changing his oil after 300 odd miles and it was already very dark. I thought that he'd got his mileage wrong but that makes sense now. The spec for these is 10w30 although I thought that the Cub was 10w40? Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it doesn't matter what I put in.