It's 2,000 Euros LESS than a BMW C400 GT Single Cylinder. At 7,999 Euro they won't be able to keep up with the demand...




Nice one Skutorr, it does look good but imho, what are the pay-offs, if any, for paying that smaller price over the lofty Tmax price? In other words what is this new scoot lacking for that cheaper outlay?SkuTorr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 am Yep, it's here. Looks and sounds amazing; Spanish Tester/Reviewer said he road his 2008 Tmax to the event in Portugal and when he got on the TL 500, it was EXACTLY as if he just got back on his Tmax! Oh, and it's 4,000 Euro LESS than a Tmax 530 or BMW 650 Sport, 2,000 LESS than a Kymco AK 550.
It's 2,000 Euros LESS than a BMW C400 GT Single Cylinder. At 7,999 Euro they won't be able to keep up with the demand...
My old Sym Shark. Lived outside for 4 years and used for commuting all year round. Never once failed to start and always cleaned up well. This is the photo I used to sell it.Capt. R Swipe wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:06 amNice one Skutorr, it does look good but imho, what are the pay-offs, if any, for paying that smaller price over the lofty Tmax price? In other words what is this new scoot lacking for that cheaper outlay?SkuTorr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 am Yep, it's here. Looks and sounds amazing; Spanish Tester/Reviewer said he road his 2008 Tmax to the event in Portugal and when he got on the TL 500, it was EXACTLY as if he just got back on his Tmax! Oh, and it's 4,000 Euro LESS than a Tmax 530 or BMW 650 Sport, 2,000 LESS than a Kymco AK 550.
It's 2,000 Euros LESS than a BMW C400 GT Single Cylinder. At 7,999 Euro they won't be able to keep up with the demand...
I can't help thinking that there might be a few................poorer fuel economy, poorer quality fasteners and fit n finish, cheaper components, crappier lighting, an apparently shite dealer network.......... etc?
I may be sounding negative herebut does that old idiom 'You get what you pay for.', still ring true in today's pain-in-the-arse-fekin-austerity-shaped UK or am I spouting an outdated cliche?
I've only owned and ridden an old second-hand Sym Shark many years ago; perhaps you recent and current Sym owners will chime-in with your experiences and wisdom.
Edit: i gotta agree wiv ya Meldrew


Actually both those AK550 are present on this forum if the figure of two is correct. I won't name the other user who PMed me just in case he would rather not be known. There were more than two registered for the demo tour last year so perhaps those figures are accurate. Its a machine I would recommend on form and function but not on service and support. On balance it is the best two wheeler I have ever owned once on the road but is the price worth paying? And I say that having owned everything from superbikes to mopeds ( lost count at something over 50 machines).Meldrew wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:05 am Having a look at one of those How Many Left websites, the reality is that a grand total of 2 Kymco AK550’s are registered on the UK's roads, and the only one we know about belongs to the boy roadster on here.