Page 1 of 1

Honda Dax

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:02 am
by Argyll
I wasn't really looking for one of these but a pal of mine bought one 3 years ago as a pit bike but didn't get on with it and wanted it gone. He only managed a grand total of 32 miles, half of that round Spa on a non race day and the rest by his race engineer every 6 months or so to keep it fresh. It's definitely had an oil change but whether that's with running in oil or not I don't know. Anyway, I'm just going to ride it however I like. It's quite a torquey little thing and much quicker than I expected and, of course, much fun. Took me half a day to get used to the semi-auto gearbox but I wouldn't say that I'm a great fan of the heel/toe setup on any bike (yet).

Image

Re: Honda Dax

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:37 pm
by mottza
Good engines them. Just change the oil really regularly (800ml). My cub oil was black after 850 miles.

Re: Honda Dax

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:24 am
by Argyll
Yeah, I watched a guy on youtube changing his oil after 300 odd miles and it was already very dark. I thought that he'd got his mileage wrong but that makes sense now. The spec for these is 10w30 although I thought that the Cub was 10w40? Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it doesn't matter what I put in.