Page 1 of 2

Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:43 pm
by Maxi_pete_ii
Hi all,
For various reasons, my once lovely Honda Silverwing 600 has been languishing under a cover in the garden for a couple of years.
It's in a bit of a state to be honest - battery flat and won't charge; it's obviously been standing for a while not moving anywhere; it was also tipped over outside my house one night (by persons unknown), breaking a wing mirror, the windscreen and one of the wind deflectors; there's some bubbling paint behind the seat; MOT expired on 22nd May 2019.

It's in a right old state, and I'm rather embarrassed by it's condition if I'm honest.
I want to let it go and maybe someone can salvage it or break it for parts.
Any suggestions where I can advertise it? (On this forum obviously, but is anywhere else good for this kind of thing?)
And do I take whatever I can get, or is there anyway to gauge how much it might be worth???

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,
Pete.

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:46 pm
by Maxi_pete_ii
Added some photos....

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:58 pm
by Dave_Q
I would guess ebay will be the best place, looking at recent sold items there have been 3 damaged/spares ones in the last few weeks that have gone for anywhere between £300 and £1000.

This one wasn't far off in condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Silver ... 5118907663

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm
by old pete
whereabouts are you mate? any more info on the bike? year, mileage etc

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:53 pm
by Maxi_pete_ii
Dave_Q wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:58 pm I would guess ebay will be the best place, looking at recent sold items there have been 3 damaged/spares ones in the last few weeks that have gone for anywhere between £300 and £1000.

This one wasn't far off in condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Silver ... 5118907663

Thanks - hadn't thought of eBay for some reason, even though I use it for other stuff all the time!
Thinking about buying a new battery & windscreen, and firing it up again. I'm guessing a runner will sell better.

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:55 pm
by Maxi_pete_ii
old pete wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm whereabouts are you mate? any more info on the bike? year, mileage etc
It's on an 09 plate. Last MOT in May 2018 had ~16,000 miles on. Don't think I did many miles that year before I stopped riding.
So I'd say less than 20,000 miles. I'm in Surrey.

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:08 pm
by old pete
although if its a quick sale youre after, i'll give you £300 as it is

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 am
by Cloudswiper
Seems a shame to give up on the old girl but I know the feeling.
If you felt you could give her another chance I would be happy to trailer her away, give her a scrub and a new battery and return her to you.
Regards
John

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 am
by wightegi
Get a new battery ,£40 for a motobat from Wemoto ,drain the fuel and put some fresh in and get it running ,clean the seat and plastics ,Mr sheen is good on plastics and cheap . You will get a lot more for a running bike , check out eBay for other parts that need changing .

Re: Unloved Honda Silverwing - how to move on?

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:30 pm
by Maxi_pete_ii
Thanks for all the replies folks. Mulling over the options......

<edited>
....new battery ordered.......