Page 1 of 2
Getting out again.
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:21 pm
by smeghead
I am really looking forward to a nice long ride in the GTS. Tomorrow is freedom day, sadly I’ll be working but as soon as I can I’ll be out and about. I expect everyone else is champing at the bit too.
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 pm
by mottza
Hoping to take mine for spin this week after not being used for 4 months.
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:25 pm
by StephenC

I'll be commuting on mine. Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy it!
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:27 pm
by MrGrumpy
Can we go back into Lockdown please???? All this freedom has meant that all the useless old fogies and distracted middle aged women have taken to the road again! In the meantime they seem to have lost the ability to drive at more than 20mph and forgotten the existence of the indicator stalk!!!
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:41 pm
by mottza
Nice 60 mile round trip to Lavenham. Picked up a fresh Pasty at the old Bakers there. Nice to have a ride with mottza senior.
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 am
by Dave Weller
Good to get out again Chris, surprised senior is still riding, what bike has the old fellow got?
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:09 am
by mottza
He's got a 68 plate suzuki DL250. The versys was getting to heavy for his back.
Must arrange a ride soon with Essex bunch (we may even let the kentish lot come).
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:06 pm
by Data
Nice one Chris. Glad you and dad enjoyed the ride. Hope you didn't eat all the pasties and have left some for me!
A ride out would be good sometime.
How has your bike faired in storage? Is it garaged? Battery on tender?
I've got my scoot in my garage waiting for it's new rear tyre (Orwell, Ipswich supply and fit for next to nothing if you pop the wheel in) and for me to clean and spray paint the exhaust before putting it all back together again. It's a nice chance to clean her nether regions with the wheel and swing arm removed. I've been using her at various times throughout the winter in all the salt and muck on some of the muddiest Suffolk back roads. I'm a legal and medical advocate so can ride in lockdown. Getting to clients is great on the scooter. It's tested my Waxoyl and FS365 to the limit! The Vespa has stood up to the bad weather really well though. I don't really need to re-paint the exhaust as there is still no rust but the black finish is going a bit chalky and white...ish in places. Thought I'd take the time to check and clean the calipers/pistons etc, exhaust, clean everything and re-Waxoyl and FS365 everything in sight. It works!
Have fun all. Things are getting better!
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:46 pm
by mottza
Yes must catch for a ride. Hoping to do a weekend up in Wells next to the Sea in July with my Dad. Roadrunner/Roger may come when I mentioned it to him on Friday when I bumped into him and his wife at Mistley.
Re: Getting out again.
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:54 pm
by Stephen
Got out on Saturday with the Tmax,essential run to Tring brewery

met Poldark there,a bit of a chinwag in the car park,then went our own ways,but it was blooming cold......yesterday was much better weather,took the ADV out,socially distanced on me jack jones,done about 60 miles,the new tyre should scrubbed in now
Steve