2000 Miles on TMax 530
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:32 pm
Hi All
Some points I have found since I got my new TMax 530 DX this year.
It was a left over new old model 530, but has a lot of extras on it, almost all of them now!
Akropovic Exhaust (that goes to headers)
Tail Tidy
Comfort Seat
Brake Reservoir Covers
Belt Cover
Rear Hugger
Light protectors
Handguards
and probably some other things I forget, but so far I have the following pluses and minuses if you are considering:
Price is very high, hard to justfiy, I got at a good discount and had a nearly new scoot to PX so made it less painful and it came with akro and tail tidy thrown in.
New with all the bits at list price an equivalent 560 would be about £14k which is going way into other territories.
Plus Points:
Comfortable and fast 20-80mph
Handling very good and composed over bumps
Creature comforts (heated seat/grips)
Electric screen is very useful and effective
Akro exhaust sounds great, quiet when pootling and nice noise when going for it without being droney on the motorway
Very good looking bike IMO
Riding Modes are useful
Display options/menus are easy to use and have everything you need
Gets attention (but only from other scooter riders!)
Great fun down country lanes
Cruise control is useful in average speed zones
Brakes are good especially rear
Negative Points:
Price is very hard to justify
Speedo is a bit silly, it goes to 130mph and 70mph is at about 10-11 'oclock' - KPH bikes have top at 160kph (100mph) which makes at lot more sense as the range of speeds used most often on UK bike is crammed in
Top speed is only just 100mph for me with screen up, Im quite heavy.
Bit slow off the line, until 20mph
Tiny bit cramped for taller riders, but less so than XMax
Original seat a bit thin
Not great on fuel, averaging high 50s and on motorway is worse (1000cc motorbike can do high 40s and 60 on the motorway) UK MPG
Range not great, 150 miles max ish quite often a lot less before fuel light comes on. Dont think 200 miles is really achievable.
Only one keyless key
With regard quality, not yet sure, but has been reliable so far.
Things I would like to see:
Faster initial acceleration
Bit more storage, but then storage is okay for this bike
Redesign dash either with digital elements or analogue speedo that goes all the way around to say top 120mph to make speeds you use easier to see.
Should come with two 'keys'
Threats to this bike
Best scooter I have owned, I do have soft spot for X ADV and the new one looks ace, but would be sacrificing a few things to go to one.
Not many scoots are in competition with TMax and only new XADV i would consider over TMax
Some points I have found since I got my new TMax 530 DX this year.
It was a left over new old model 530, but has a lot of extras on it, almost all of them now!
Akropovic Exhaust (that goes to headers)
Tail Tidy
Comfort Seat
Brake Reservoir Covers
Belt Cover
Rear Hugger
Light protectors
Handguards
and probably some other things I forget, but so far I have the following pluses and minuses if you are considering:
Price is very high, hard to justfiy, I got at a good discount and had a nearly new scoot to PX so made it less painful and it came with akro and tail tidy thrown in.
New with all the bits at list price an equivalent 560 would be about £14k which is going way into other territories.
Plus Points:
Comfortable and fast 20-80mph
Handling very good and composed over bumps
Creature comforts (heated seat/grips)
Electric screen is very useful and effective
Akro exhaust sounds great, quiet when pootling and nice noise when going for it without being droney on the motorway
Very good looking bike IMO
Riding Modes are useful
Display options/menus are easy to use and have everything you need
Gets attention (but only from other scooter riders!)
Great fun down country lanes
Cruise control is useful in average speed zones
Brakes are good especially rear
Negative Points:
Price is very hard to justify
Speedo is a bit silly, it goes to 130mph and 70mph is at about 10-11 'oclock' - KPH bikes have top at 160kph (100mph) which makes at lot more sense as the range of speeds used most often on UK bike is crammed in
Top speed is only just 100mph for me with screen up, Im quite heavy.
Bit slow off the line, until 20mph
Tiny bit cramped for taller riders, but less so than XMax
Original seat a bit thin
Not great on fuel, averaging high 50s and on motorway is worse (1000cc motorbike can do high 40s and 60 on the motorway) UK MPG
Range not great, 150 miles max ish quite often a lot less before fuel light comes on. Dont think 200 miles is really achievable.
Only one keyless key
With regard quality, not yet sure, but has been reliable so far.
Things I would like to see:
Faster initial acceleration
Bit more storage, but then storage is okay for this bike
Redesign dash either with digital elements or analogue speedo that goes all the way around to say top 120mph to make speeds you use easier to see.
Should come with two 'keys'
Threats to this bike
Best scooter I have owned, I do have soft spot for X ADV and the new one looks ace, but would be sacrificing a few things to go to one.
Not many scoots are in competition with TMax and only new XADV i would consider over TMax