Yp250 oil change question
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Hi all.
Basic question. Apologies...
I have a Benelli Velvet 250 which has the Yamaha yp250 engine fitted.
I have the manual for my bike but it’s translated from Italian.
I’ve done an oil change. Found some unusual debris in the filter. Suspect the engine has been apart in the past 18 years as it looked like instant gasket.
My question is about checking the oil level. Should I screw in the dip stick fully and the unscrew to take the reading or should I just pop the dipstick back in to the engine without screwing it in and then take the reading?
My manual is just not clear on that.
Apologies for stupid question.
Basic question. Apologies...
I have a Benelli Velvet 250 which has the Yamaha yp250 engine fitted.
I have the manual for my bike but it’s translated from Italian.
I’ve done an oil change. Found some unusual debris in the filter. Suspect the engine has been apart in the past 18 years as it looked like instant gasket.
My question is about checking the oil level. Should I screw in the dip stick fully and the unscrew to take the reading or should I just pop the dipstick back in to the engine without screwing it in and then take the reading?
My manual is just not clear on that.
Apologies for stupid question.

