Page 1 of 5

Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:19 am
by XP500FUN
Anyone know anything about these.

Very keen price and the quality " looks " OK ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Firefly-Domi ... SwcoNfHVvu

https://www.fireflymotorcycles.co.uk/domino

Might be worth a rumble.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:26 am
by Ralph
I'd like a go on one, but pity you cant use the fast charge roadside chargers that would make it more usable for me atleast.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:15 am
by Dogsbody
Need someone in London to have a look and check out storage capacity etc. Cheap enough. Not sure I'd buy one without a close look. Also needs a dealer network.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:31 am
by roadster
Still waiting for a reputable manufacturer to come up with a scooter which has regenerative braking, no compromise to underseat storage space, and a removable battery which can be charged indoors. If it ever happens it will be my next buy. I would also welcome a hybrid with a fixed battery and an engine with indirect transmission. Apart from the need to invest in the manufacturing facilities I see no reason why it can't work at the scale required for a two wheeler.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:43 pm
by Dogsbody
Strange. Looked at other items, includes a TV and a shower mixer tap. History is just bits and pieces. Not very inspiring for warranty or spares.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:06 pm
by MrGrumpy
My earlier post seems to have vanished....
Looks nice, obviously from China, but I'd guess that you can have 75mph OR 120 miles range, but not both. But you never know how realistic their claims are.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:13 pm
by StephenC
FYI Companies House registration - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12339290

This scooter looks very close to the point at which I'd consider leaving petrol behind.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:23 pm
by Capt. R Swipe
They look like something from 2003 - I wouldn't pay £500 for the parts-bin lash-ups.

C'mon Muppets, you know they're gonna be shite............

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:29 pm
by Deleted User 4154
MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:06 pm But you never know how realistic their claims are.
I won't be holding my breath... and as for when it goes wrong, and the importer (or, more accurately, the dude who has bought a shipping container full of them from the Flying Fish Engineering Company) has disappeared it'll be interesting to see where the spares will come from. Or how you call in that 8 year warranty on the batteries.

Obviously if they sent me a free one to try, and - wonder of wonders - it worked in the way they claim it does for more than five minutes then I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. But that's about as much as I'd be prepared to risk on a no-brand Chinese electric scooter.

Re: Interesting Electric ???

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:16 pm
by MrGrumpy
Though China has been churning out electric scoots for the domestic market by the 100,000 for the last decade, so they ought to have got the technology sorted....or is that wishful thinking? After all, electric equipment, PCs, motors, batteries are pretty standard issue these days, rather than being exotic hi-tech. However, most of the elec scoots around seem to be the very small moped-like ones. Vectrix tried a maxi-scoot, and there were a couple of others, but this is one of the first to claim a decent top speed and/(or) range. But as Jaz says, this does stink of a fly-by-night importer. If Lexmoto or Sinnis sold something like this, you might have a fighting chance of support.