Page 1 of 2

The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:30 am
by Deleted User 7077
Well on price maybe lol not sure if uk price realised yet .I'll have a look.


[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:34 am
by Deleted User 7077
No price yet says Spring 2020 not even Cruisym 125 now on web site .Jet 200 biggest at moment

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:20 am
by horobags
Bet its a great scoot, but alas motogb parts/marketing will mean its no chance of decent sales in the UK.

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:32 am
by Capt. R Swipe
Thanks for that link HBMT; it is a good looking machine.
I was wondering if SYM are new to the design and manufacture of a twin motor. I'll do a little research or no doubt be edified here on MM!

With all the crap reports of the TMax here I'd be inclined towards this scoot.
Will this be a scoot that will need time to iron-out any initial production niggles or will SYM get it right first time vis a vis the TMax?

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:45 am
by Deleted User 7077
I think it is a twin saw something on Grupo Sym Espagne

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:06 pm
by Capt. R Swipe
Oh, it is a twin cylinder.

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:36 pm
by riders in the storm
A good looking machine.......

But those mirrors are going to give a good view of my forearms and elbows......

I'd prefer to see behind me...... :?

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:20 pm
by MrGrumpy
Capt. R Swipe wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:32 am Thanks for that link HBMT; it is a good looking machine.
Well, I can't tell the difference between it and the Tmax (and the AK550) in general styling! Its only the detail differences like the rear shock that enable you to tell them apart!

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:13 pm
by Drago
MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:20 pm
Capt. R Swipe wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:32 am Thanks for that link HBMT; it is a good looking machine.
Well, I can't tell the difference between it and the Tmax (and the AK550) in general styling! Its only the detail differences like the rear shock that enable you to tell them apart!
OH FFS will you stop going on about how it looks you sound like a broken bloody record! Most motorcycles look alike!
Sport bikes all look like sports bikes.
Cruisers look like... Cruisers.
Trial bikes look like trials bikes.
Tourers look like tourers and so on...

'Sports' scooters will look like 'sport' scooters.

Whilst it won't do well here due to Motogb general crapiness (No SYM Maxi's imported here anymore!). But I bet abroad it'll do well. Especially as the T-max is over 5 figures now to purchase and hasn't changed sufficiently enough to justify being double the cost of the mk1. In that time Gilera came out with a 800cc scooter for goodness sake! Anyway 500cc offerings from competitors like this might actually push Yamaha to make a big jump to a larger more powerful motor to rival that of the over 10 year old Gilera 800. 60cc gain and a few hp, slightly less weight, slightly bigger wheels and almost double the cost in nearly twenty years?! You call that progress?

Re: The poor mans Tmax killer unboxing

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:12 pm
by Capt. R Swipe
I'm certainly not out to start or continue an argument with you Mr G, but I can certainly see a difference in looks, style and design between the TL 500 and the TMax.
I have to say that this TL 500 is a far better looker than the current TMax; perhaps it mixes sharp edges and soft curves and this gives it a more up-to-date look. Although, it doesn't have the sharp angular look of the SYM Joymaxes, of which I wasn't too fond of. It's a nice balance and a shame it won't sell much in the UK.
There are so few Maxis down here in Plymouth; it's very unusual to see any of the bigger scoots on the roads here. Now and then one will pop up - Burg 650, Tmax and XADV but I could go months without seeing any.