Page 1 of 3

new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:55 pm
by horobags
Of recently I've been running a Royal Enfield and my SH300, the bullet is lovely and full of character and the SH is light and quick. I've been thinking about selling both and ending up with one machine, as running a car and a van and 2 bikes is a bit much,so the new allrounder must be comfy, light enough, capable of two up trips away, and economical.
So, I sold the SH last week to a nice man from' the smoke'. He said his 3 mile commute to work in his van takes 90 mins, so the SH300 will be commuted around London. Still liking bikes I've been looking around, but realistically its got to be a scoot as I've got to go back to hospital in March to discuss a replacement knee.
Anyway I called into the new CMC shop in Manchester today and saw this
Image
To cut a long story short its coming wednesday. I'd heard not good storys about CMC, but they beat other part/ex prices on the R/E, and I got a £200 voucher off them , so so far so good. :)

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:48 pm
by riders in the storm
Is it the Burgman 400 ?

I quite fancy one myself....

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:49 pm
by horobags
yep, burgman 400

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:52 pm
by riders in the storm
Ah yes, just seen it on NC channel......

When the weather allows, give us some ride reports please.....!

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:14 pm
by rayb
riders in the storm wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:52 pm Ah yes, just seen it on NC channel......

When the weather allows, give us some ride reports please.....!
He'll have sold it by then.

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:39 pm
by MrGrumpy
Well done that man! Though I always think a Tmax would have been even better! :lol: That looks like one of the more recent Burger 400s? ie a bit smaller than the giant version they sold a few years ago! Let us know about the riding experience.

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:54 pm
by Ralph
Looks good

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:34 pm
by Deleted User 7077
There was me thinking you had shares in Hunts lol
Be interesting see what you think after the sh 300 .

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:30 am
by Snail
Hi, ours just gets on with it, two up virtually everyday, days out, camping, shopping, whatever we chuck at it, will need rear tyre after Xmas 6830 miles so far, don't think it's quite up to Honda standard but suits us as develops max torque much lower revs than its rivals which in turn suits our riding style
We were at Rhayader with you, think you had cb500x?

Re: new scoot

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:10 am
by Stibbs
Welcome to Burger club icon_thumbs_up.gif
I’ve had mine from new, now four and half years old with 17,000 on clock.
Been to Scotland, south France (twice). Used all year round and still running sweet as a nut.
Enjoy

Image

This photo taken before I added Givi Airflow screen (a great addition)