I couldn't make my mind up to go for a MK2 Tmax or another SH300, so I bought a 400 Xmax!
Gripes.
The butt pad on the seat holds water, so when you sit against it it squeezes out water and gives you a wet arse! I'll try dubbin on the seams if not I'll end up putting some clear mastic or suchlike. Just a stupid but very annoying problem. Is it just mine that suffers from this?
Secondly, the clutch seems very grabby and vibrates the bike? This is typically around 20-30mph when pootling along in rush hour traffic. I think/hope its lessening as its getting used more? Hopefully some enthusiastic use will sort things out? I did check the clutch as I replaced the belt, sliders and weights at the weekend and it seemed fine? I find the bike quite slow revving and recall my Majesty engined Leos always seemed slow revving and benefited from slightly lighter dr pulleys, so maybe ill do that? Perhaps the quicker revs will help the clutch lock down too? Any other 400 owners find similar with theirs?
Lastly, this must be the worse bike i've ever had for screen buffeting! I must be just the wrong height for the OEM screen, so a lower or higher one will go on!. Any recommendations?
Apart from that i'm quite enjoying it. Sits at 70-80 easily and the two tankfuls its had have returned a consistent 68mpg, which should give me a 208 mile tank range in theory? 180 would be nice as it means I'd only stop for fuel once a week, or twice every third week. Riding position is nice and like riding a chair about and the bars don't hit my thighs on full lock or anything. Wish i could do the feet forward thing, but there isn't enough legroom for that, or at least enough room for my legs. It also has the best underseat storage i've seen since my Silverwing! Sadly the seat doens't lock though. I thought it had been broken into as there is evidence of damage near the lock. Then I noticed there was no seat catch. I ordered one upbut when looking I saw the key doesn't open the seat catch, so suspect a cable has broke and the last owner probably jemmied it open to get his stuff out and then removed the catch rather than bother fixing it? Should be an easy fix...






