Page 1 of 2

New MP3 300

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:01 pm
by MrGrumpy
A review of the latest redesigned MP3..

https://scooterlab.uk/2019-piaggio-mp3- ... h-paris-2/

Looks OK, though probably would be more fun with the Bev 350 engine! At least they seem to got the weight under control (220kg apparently). £7k though...

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 pm
by StephenC
Nice to see Piaggio have a competitive engine in the 200-300 class, and the new MP3 does look better than before.

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 am
by Greyerbeard
Still nowhere to put your legs though - shame cos they're such a hoot to ride!

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 am
by smeghead
£7k is too much for 300cc. They should have dropped the 300 and reduced the cost of the 350. Far better imho.

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm
by MrGrumpy
smeghead wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 am £7k is too much for 300cc. They should have dropped the 300 and reduced the cost of the 350. Far better imho.
Are there 350 MP3s? There were 350 X10s (but not 500s in the UK), and the article refers to a MP3 500, but not a 350. The 350 engine in the Bev was fun!! :evil:

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 pm
by smeghead
MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm
smeghead wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 am £7k is too much for 300cc. They should have dropped the 300 and reduced the cost of the 350. Far better imho.
Are there 350 MP3s? There were 350 X10s (but not 500s in the UK), and the article refers to a MP3 500, but not a 350. The 350 engine in the Bev was fun!! :evil:
Yup.

https://www.piaggio.com/gb_EN/models/mp ... o-mp3-350/

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm
by rayb
I see they are using them on the continental cycle races now. I guess they are more stable and comfortable at low speed for 5 hours or so.

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:26 pm
by MrGrumpy
I think that currently Yamaha Nikens are being used, or am I completely wrong?? MP3s and Fuocos were used when they first came out - I guess it depends on who's got the biggest PR budget for each year!!

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:28 pm
by MrGrumpy
smeghead wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm
smeghead wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 am £7k is too much for 300cc. They should have dropped the 300 and reduced the cost of the 350. Far better imho.
Are there 350 MP3s? There were 350 X10s (but not 500s in the UK), and the article refers to a MP3 500, but not a 350. The 350 engine in the Bev was fun!! :evil:
Yup.

https://www.piaggio.com/gb_EN/models/mp ... o-mp3-350/
Ah..thanks! That does sound fun.....except for the £7,800 price tag.

Re: New MP3 300

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm
by rayb
MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:26 pm I think that currently Yamaha Nikens are being used, or am I completely wrong?? MP3s and Fuocos were used when they first came out - I guess it depends on who's got the biggest PR budget for each year!!
You are right, I've not seen a close enough shot, just noticed the extra wheel.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/n ... pport-bike