Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
-
MrGrumpy
- Benefactor
- Posts: 7359
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:50 pm
- Current Ride: ADV350 Tmax mk3
- Location: Cumbria
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
So....I can't help noticing that no-ones mentioned anything interesting that actually was at the NEC show, apart from a few photos of the Tmax, so was it worth the effort???
- mottza
- Admin
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:28 pm
- Current Ride: Yamaha MT 07 AMT
- Location: Essex Sunshine Coast
- Contact:
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Yes as I had never been there before.
2025 Yamaha MT-07 2025 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125
- horobags
- Benefactor
- Posts: 4010
- Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:57 pm
- Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110
- Location: scruffy old mancfester
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
That tricity 300 looks like its going to be a very interesting machine, I'm defo going to have a test ride on one, I just hope its price isn't OTT.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.
- capitano
- Admin
- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 pm
- Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90
- Location: Brighton, South Coast UK
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Definitely! Spent a fair amount of time on the SuperSoco stand discussing this one.MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:45 pm So....I can't help noticing that no-ones mentioned anything interesting that actually was at the NEC show, apart from a few photos of the Tmax, so was it worth the effort???

Plus, well worth the trip to chat with Austin again.

-
Deleted User 7077
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Did he do a round world trip terra circa or something like that?
- capitano
- Admin
- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 pm
- Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90
- Location: Brighton, South Coast UK
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
http://www.austinvince.com/Has been maxi tours wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 pm Did he do a round world trip terra circa or something like that?
- EvilRacer329
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm
- Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
I thought the show was great! Took lots of photos, need to gather my thoughts and write up a report; I'll post a link when it's online.
Nick
Nick
- capitano
- Admin
- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 pm
- Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90
- Location: Brighton, South Coast UK
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Sorry I did mean to check the price but didn't.horobags wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:33 am That tricity 300 looks like its going to be a very interesting machine, I'm defo going to have a test ride on one, I just hope its price isn't OTT.
It's large! I can tell you that.
Nobody will be referring to the Tricity 300 as a small bike. That's for sure. You'll notice its presence in the showroom!Meldrew wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:08 pm As I didn't go, I'm happy to wait until my local dealer gets the new Yamaha Tricity 300 in next year. There was nothing I needed in the way of helmets clothing and accessories either, and the so called Show Specials now have to compete with online Black Friday deals I've had emails about all week.
We went boot searching for the lad but in vain. Maybe because we were attending on the last weekend but choice was poor, bargains were few and far between. I agree, I think that the era of the Show Specials is over.
So did I. My Son and I always have a great day out, there.EvilRacer329 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 pm I thought the show was great! Took lots of photos, need to gather my thoughts and write up a report; I'll post a link when it's online.
Nick
Our interests go beyond Maxi scooters (there were 4 2019 Moto GP bikes to study close up for a start) but perhaps the most surprising thing on the Maxi scene was Kymco's presence.
Their stand was well stocked, well presented and staffed with knowledgeable people. The sad fact is that their dealer coverage and backup just doesn't match up to the bikes themselves, which were all impressive. The AK550 in particular.
- Greyerbeard
- Benefactor
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:20 pm
- Current Ride: Any of the below
- Location: South Midlands, UK
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Always worth the effort if there's a fine riding day during show week! And catalogues have to be collected for grandson, don't they... 
Always interesting to see the vast range and inventiveness of tattoos on display, and that's just the women.
And the increasing quality and ambition of the Chinese manufacturers like Zontes, say (other makes are available)
And the fitness benefits of the 800 or so metres walk from and to the bike shed...
And a chance to see what possible future bikes may or may not 'fit' the way I sit.
Xmax 300, btw, averaged (computer said) 99mpg over the 150 miles, cruising in comfort at up to indicated 75 where possible, and jacket, helmet, gloves and scarf easily went under the seat - excellent!
Always interesting to see the vast range and inventiveness of tattoos on display, and that's just the women.
And the increasing quality and ambition of the Chinese manufacturers like Zontes, say (other makes are available)
And the fitness benefits of the 800 or so metres walk from and to the bike shed...
And a chance to see what possible future bikes may or may not 'fit' the way I sit.
Xmax 300, btw, averaged (computer said) 99mpg over the 150 miles, cruising in comfort at up to indicated 75 where possible, and jacket, helmet, gloves and scarf easily went under the seat - excellent!
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
1998 Honda CB250 Nighthawk
2025 Honda ADV 350
1989 Honda C90
1998 Honda CB250 Nighthawk
2025 Honda ADV 350
- capitano
- Admin
- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 pm
- Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90
- Location: Brighton, South Coast UK
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
It's a good day out on a bad day, and a great one on a good day.Meldrew wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 am Come on, it's just a day out and not much different thanwandering round a large multi franchise dealership that has a decent helmet and clothing department and a cafe. Or a place where there's a few motorcycle dealerships and clothing stores near each other.
Horses for courses, though. If you don't like it, don't go. If you do, get your tickets for next year.


