Page 6 of 11
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:23 am
by capitano
I have a feeling that we'll be there Saturday 24th.
Not ideal, I'd prefer a weekday.
But a stopover at my Son's in Lutterworth and a lift to and pick up from to the NEC from Mrs Capitano is not to be sniffed at.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:19 am
by Capt. R Swipe
muddyfox wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Nope has not changed for a while.
Funny some Facebook MM don't like forum's and some forum MM don't like Facebook.
"Don't like"?.............I bleedin' well despise FaceArse.........
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:14 am
by Data
mottza wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:15 pm
Me and Mottza Senior are going on the Monday if anyone wants to say hello.
I'm glad you and dad are still going. Looks like my recovery from surgery (or lack of it) is still likely to stop me from going. That is unless my symptoms improve. We'll see. It's going to be a brilliant show.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:31 am
by Data
Capt. R Swipe wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:19 am
muddyfox wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Nope has not changed for a while.
Funny some Facebook MM don't like forum's and some forum MM don't like Facebook.
"Don't like"?.............I bleedin' well despise FaceArse.........
Funnily enough, I've just joined, having resisted it for years! I concluded that if I want to stay in touch with the latest offerings manufacturers have to offer and get better access to their sites, it's not a bad thing. I can also use it to talk to some of my engineering buddies from Uni about the latest engine developments they might be working on etc etc. Not that they will be allowed to tell me much more than we read in the press, but you get my drift.
I've just got to get to grips with all the controls Facebook offers. I've just been asked by Mottza to be his friend! What's that all about? I thought I was already his friend! Lol...

Then someone else seems to want to follow me! That's called stalking where I come from...
Don't worry Chris, I'll find the right button to hit soon. Aint got much time today so going to get off here now!
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:34 am
by EvilRacer329
I maintain a profile, locked down with zero information and all privacy controls turned to maximum. It's so that I can access other people's content, not so that Facebook can mine my personal information and track what I say and do.
Nick
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:12 am
by muddyfox
Data wrote "I've just been asked by Mottza to be his friend! What's that all about?
Then "someone else seems to want to follow me!
When you befriend someone on Facebook you get updates on your Facebook page when they post and visa versa.
If you allow someone to "Follow" you then they have your permission to view your Facebook page.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 pm
by EvilRacer329
"Friend"...I don't understand. I'm gonna have to look that one up in the dictionary.
Nick
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:16 pm
by mottza
I can't tell a lot from Data's profile other than his name and he has a scooter.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:39 pm
by Data
Hi Mottza, yeah I haven't filled anything in much at the mo on my profile. I'm not really going to be using it in the way many folks do. I only want to be able to access manufacturers websites & of course Muppets.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 am
by caecilius
I've bought my ticket - just waiting for the weather forecasts during the week to decide on a day. Weekends are far too busy. I like to get there by opening time and leave around 2.30 so I can beat the dark and get home before the rush hour. Riding up from High Wycombe. I think I'll take a home-made sandwich this year; the queues can be long and the prices exorbitant.