Page 5 of 11
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:31 pm
by Data
Meldrew wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am
Data wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:03 am
Hoping to see quite a few of you there even if Meldrew isn't going. Shame, it would be nice to put a face to the "moans" lol.
You're going there on one day and the show is on for a week, no doubt anyone interested off here will attend on a date that is convenient to them, and if they work weekdays it's likely to be a weekend. So I’m quite intrigued about how you’d put a face to any of the forum names off on your single visit unless you'd already met them or prearranged a meeting place and time somewhere in the show.
Yes I have been speaking with a few member by email & pm. Should be meeting up with at least some members. Yes I do get the seniors entry price too. Never had a bad meal there and the price is cheaper quite often than one of my very good locals The Black Buoy. Example: yesterday burger, chips & salad, extremely good by the way, cost £12. At the NEC this costs £10...and almost as good.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:58 pm
by mottza
Should of gone to the Horse and Groom mate... Much cheaper than the Buoy. (only at lunchtime though).
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:13 am
by Data
Yes I wondered about that Chris. But my wife and I met up with one of our friends who is down from London with her family. Her Wivenhoe house is just around the corner from the Buoy and she had booked it, she knows everyone there. But the beer was good and the food was absolutely excellent. We'll Horse and Groom it next time then.
Should know more about a seat for Steve in a day or two. I've had difficult in contacting my friend who has been in Italy for the last 10 days but he's home now. He comes to the show each year normally. If he doesn't then Steve can have his seat. I'll be in touch Chris.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:25 am
by capitano
Meldrew wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am
So I’m quite intrigued about how you’d put a face to any of the forum names off on your single visit unless you'd already met them or prearranged a meeting place and time somewhere in the show.
If forum folks are also on Facebook it becomes quite easy, especially if they are prolific.
I've lost count of the number of times folks have asked me if I'm Capitano/Ged at bike shows/events.
I recognised Funkycowie from a description given by Loonymoon (Carmen, a previous Moderator on MM.)
I recognised Richie at Box Hill by his Derriboots.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm
by muddyfox

Nope has not changed for a while.
Funny some Facebook MM don't like forum's and some forum MM don't like Facebook.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 pm
by capitano
Meldrew wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:03 am
Ah!…the Facebook Maxi Muppets page, I know absolutely zilch about it apart from noticing the cover photo hasn't changed for years.
Facebook in general really. It's not difficult to piece together who is who once you know a few people. ie they know people with scooters/bikes who turn out to be forum members, and who in turn know others, etc etc.
Some people, including me, even have their forum handle in their FB name. Mine has been a moniker way before online forums so it helps folks who think they might know me from the past.
With others, recognition doesn't require any more clues than a surname like
Horob**s and a "tell" like a passion for changing bikes regularly.
Shamefully I'm not even aware if I'm a member of the MM FB group. I'd better check, though like the C90club FB group I'd much rather be active on the forum than on the same topics on FB.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:58 pm
by capitano
muddyfox wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Nope has not changed for a while.
Funny some Facebook MM don't like forum's and some forum MM don't like Facebook.
That photo is from 2008. I know because I was on that ride on my Mk1 Nexus 500.
It's the annual meet, which that year was held at Rutland Water.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:55 am
by mottza
I was on my Leonardo then. The days when we had big meets.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:06 am
by poldark
HOC is offering discounted tickets, £3 off advance price (£16.50), limited numbers.
https://www.hoc.org.uk/shop/events/moto ... e_tickets/
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:15 pm
by mottza
Me and Mottza Senior are going on the Monday if anyone wants to say hello.