Re: BMW C650 GT
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 pm
I'd go for a c650 but service costs are a concern....thinking a 17 plate burg 650.....
https://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/
All dependents on your personal annual mileage.charles1976 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 pm I'd go for a c650 but service costs are a concern....thinking a 17 plate burg 650.....
Meldrew wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:53 am "Mincing round in expensive gear from the BMW Rider Collection just to look like all the other BMW clones you seen in BMW Motorrad dealerships at weekends"
Similar layouts, but the KYMCO has an internal WET clutch like the Tmax 530 & Burgman 650, which is bathed in engine oil, whilst the BMW has a buried DRY clutch behind the drive belt assembly, which uses exterior airflow to cool it and extract dust from wear on the shoes, like the Silverwing 600 and Aprilia SRV 850 and Gilera GP800...MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:46 pm It would be interesting if some technical bod was able to examine the AK550 and C650 engines and could find out exactly how similar they are! Superficially, they look very similar, and the basic design concept is the same, but looks can be deceiving.
There again, the CVT belt doesn't need replacing, saving at least £100 in parts + labour every 12,000 miles or whatever. Just as well I guess, as whilst its a pretty easy job on the Tmax, I think the Burger would require complete dismantling!!Meldrew wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 pm ... and an extra 16kg of weight. Aren't major services for 650 Burgman's expensive too. Unless things have been radically simplified with the restyled 2013 onwards models. On the '08 Burgman I owned, major services involved a full day in the workshop.removing acres of Tupperware from the front end, draining coolant and removing the radiator just to get at the plugs.