Page 2 of 2
Re: Spotted!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:24 pm
by MrGrumpy
It could have been a possibility for me, as my commute was relatively short, but the 62mph top speed wouldn't have been very good on the fast dual carriageway I used at the time. And of course it was stupidly expensive, compared to a petrol scoot.
Re: Spotted!
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:38 pm
by capitano
MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:24 pm
It could have been a possibility for me, as my commute was relatively short, but the 62mph top speed wouldn't have been very good on the fast dual carriageway I used at the time. And of course it was stupidly expensive, compared to a petrol scoot.
Yep, which is a good basis for comparison to show the progression of electric PTWs.
Back in 2006, I was looking at buying a top of the range T-Max Black Max. The retail price was around £5500.The Vectrix was £7000.
In 2020, Supersoco's CPX has the same top speed as the Vectrix, a greater range and a price tag just over £4k. A base mode T Max costs £10,200.
I have only included the T-max as a comparison of prices against performance, not as a direct competitor.
In reality, taking like-for-like, the EV was 127% of the cost of the T Max. Now it is 41% of the cost.