Page 2 of 11
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:56 am
by Greyerbeard
My Honda 90 is 30 years old now so any manufacturing costs must be long forgotten.
It's still in regular use around town, still does around 140mpg, and I have used (and wouldn't hesitate to use) it for long journeys.
When the fuel gets low, it takes a couple of minutes to fill up, not several hours to recharge.
The 'fuel tank' doesn't need replacing every several years when it loses its ability to charge.
All of which must be food for thought..!
I'd even happily ride it to the NEC for the bike show, just to get back on topic

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:57 pm
by Greyerbeard
Meldrew wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:25 am
So are you happily riding your 30 year old Honda 90 to the NEC show then as you're already in the South Midlands, you didn't say.
Not when there's an X Max 300 in the garage!

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:57 am
by Greyerbeard
Nah - home by 5, I'll make sure of that. Cruising at 70, at 100mpg...

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:12 pm
by Jimo
Cursing at 70 - on a C90.....Hummn ? Different C90 to the one I remember.
Jim
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm
by Greyerbeard
Jimo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:12 pm
Cursing at 70 - on a C90.....Hummn ? Different C90 to the one I remember.
Jim

.... No No, that's on the X-Max 300!
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm
by Data
I had the C50 and the C90. What I'd give to still have the C90 (probably not that much actually!!). It was fun to ride and of course, very economical. The new C125 apparently is everything the C90 was but so so much more with proper handling and brakes, loads of power (comparatively speaking) and even better economy. Funny, but I cannot remember if the C90 was 3 or 4 speed gearbox. But I know the C125 is 4spd.
I still might be temped to get the C125 as the price is now very low to get a brand new jobbie if you watch the dealers. £2695 is the best on the road price for a pre-reg zero miles bike that I've seen so far. Hmmm...

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 pm
by road runner
I could be up for a meet up. Dates are flexible for me and I will watch this space. Will be two wheels for me, unless snow, as I want to try out longer trips on my new steed!
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:40 am
by capitano
Data wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm
Funny, but I cannot remember if the C90 was 3 or 4 speed gearbox. But I know the C125 is 4spd.
C90s were 3 speed ... unless you had one with an aftermarket motor ie Lifan/Loncin.
Mine still is.
The C125s are great. Two lads who attend the C90club events brought theirs to the New Forest. Nicely built and sound and ride like a C90 but quicker and more refined.
They'd already taken 'em over the Alps before the New Forest event.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:42 am
by capitano
As for the NEC, it looks like my Son and I will be there on Saturday 24th.
Sitting on bikes has become something of a pastime over the last year or so.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 am
by horobags
capitano wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:42 am
As for the NEC, it looks like my Son and I will be there on Saturday 24th.
Sitting on bikes has become something of a pastime over the last year or so.
is there a better pastime??