Page 2 of 6

Re: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:13 am
by StephenC
No ABS though and a lot slower.

But granted, there are other big wheelers on the market. And I do still fancy a Geopolis myself one day

Re: Απ: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:12 am
by SH 300i Gr.
I have removed the switch from the rear brake so I don't have to press the brake to start again if stall, but with the new ecu and new tps replacement from honda I have no problem yet :-D
This stalling problem is not a Honda only problem :wink:
At least they try to solve it, and i think they did on my scooter :mrgreen:
Send from my HTC Wildfire S
ROM. Wildchild V3.3

Re: Απ: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 am
by StephenC
SH 300i Gr. wrote:This stalling problem is not a Honda only problem :wink:
Send from my HTC Wildfire S
ROM. Wildchild V3.3

Have you got a list? I'd like to avoid those too.




Sent from my living room while munching pringles.

Re: Απ: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:40 pm
by EDW
SH 300i Gr. wrote:I have removed the switch from the rear brake so I don't have to press the brake to start again if stall, but with the new ecu and new tps replacement from honda I have no problem yet :-D
This stalling problem is not a Honda only problem :wink:
At least they try to solve it, and i think they did on my scooter :mrgreen:
Send from my HTC Wildfire S
ROM. Wildchild V3.3

new tps?

what is a tps, throttle position sensor?

Re: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:52 pm
by richie the 1st
This stalling i can never understand..???? 1st Honda sh125 40800 miles [now sorned]2nd Honda sh125 13600 miles Both have never stalled,nothing,but when i bought my Honda sh300i [ex roadrunner]it stalled twice.Now other mm scoots are stalling [sh300i] so what is the answer..???? :?

Re: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 pm
by Deeping
local petrol station has got water in the underground tanks?

Re: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:30 pm
by irishrover
After I got the ECU changed I am convinced top speed is reduced, I did see 90 plus on the speedo, now it struggles at 85. Also I get a feeling like the engine is labouring when accelerating from start every morning on the way to work and after a cold start. I am going to change the rollers for Dr Pulleys(17g) and see if that makes a difference, it could be clutch slip also.
Just changed the rear tyre after 9200 miles, not bad I think.

Re: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:39 am
by Taipan
Disappointed to find this out about SH300s as I'm just about to get one, or was, when my bike is sold.

My BMW F800 cuts out occasionally and the model is well know for doing this, as are some Triumphs, although you can tune the Triumph problem out yourself with the tuning software. Its really bloody annoying when it happens on the BMW and I dont fancy another bike that is going to do this. On the BMW it is only occasional, is it all the time with the SH?

Re: Απ: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 am
by SH 300i Gr.
EDW wrote:
SH 300i Gr. wrote:I have removed the switch from the rear brake so I don't have to press the brake to start again if stall, but with the new ecu and new tps replacement from honda I have no problem yet :-D
This stalling problem is not a Honda only problem :wink:
At least they try to solve it, and i think they did on my scooter :mrgreen:
Send from my HTC Wildfire S
ROM. Wildchild V3.3

new tps?

what is a tps, throttle position sensor?
Well the iacv valve is the small black thing on the injection and the tps is the big black box on the injection body, remove the brake switch so if it stalled you can start it with out having to stop :wink:
Another think I have notice is the gasoline, how can I check the quality? In on gas station they put 9.5ltrs in :-?:shock: I mean wtf!! I didn't pay of course and told him I was going to call the police, since my tank capacity is 9 ltrs and i never I have to put more than 8 litrs in. :-x

Send from my HTC Wildfire S
ROM. Wildchild V3.3

Re: Honda SH300 engine stalling problem latest news

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm
by EDW
:mrgreen: 2012 bike has been offered in exchange and accepted


do you want some porn when I collect it?