The caliper as previously mentioned was toast, every single part that could be knackered ...was knackered . Buying a new caliper was a no go because as Jaz explained they are like honest politicians ..impossible to find. So a full strip down was in order and because the original paint was corroding away from the metalwork I stripped it back to bare . There was so much rock solid gunk inside the actual caliper that I had to use a Dremel tool to clean it out and polish the internals. I repainted and Laquered the caliper with high-temp laquer and will be fitting all the internals during the week. Im at work during the week so its hard to get jobs done as I dont get home till 7 so weekends is when most of the work gets done .
The original Caliper

The Stripping down of the caliper

The original pistons

The repainted Caliper ready for new internals


I stripped the front brake and thanks to Jaz for his tip on drilling out the screws I managed to get into the Master Cylinder after drilling the tops of the screws off , knocking the lid off with a leather hammer and slowly turning the screw stumps out with mole grips - Inside was watery jet black liquid with all the rubbers shot to pieces , Ill post piccies at the weekend as the refurb kit should be here tomorrow .





