XMax 300 exhaust
- horobags
- Benefactor
- Posts: 4010
- Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:57 pm
- Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110
- Location: scruffy old mancfester
Re: XMax 300 exhaust
their build quality has vastly improved over the last few years, their R+D dept is quite impressive, worth looking into me thinks.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.
-
RobiXmax
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:03 pm
- Current Ride: Yamaha XMax 300
- Location: Bedfordshire
Re: XMax 300 exhaust
Here's the link to the Scorpion vid, including the performance graph at the end.
-
MrGrumpy
- Benefactor
- Posts: 7359
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:50 pm
- Current Ride: ADV350 Tmax mk3
- Location: Cumbria
Re: XMax 300 exhaust
Certainly a different sound! Whether a sound like that all the time would get on my nerves I don't know. My mk2 Tmax had the deepest exhaust note of any Tmax I've had and that was quite good, better than the harsher note of several subsequent ones.
The power graph is a bit curious....apparently a flat power output from 15mph to 60 odd!
The power graph is a bit curious....apparently a flat power output from 15mph to 60 odd!
- EvilRacer329
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm
- Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX
Re: XMax 300 exhaust
I picked up a used IXIL system for my T-Max earlier this week, and after taking it for several different rides (rapid solo, relaxed two-up) I've decided that it'll be going back on eBay this weekend. I've put after-market systems on every other bike I've ever owned, but the combination of CVT and 360-degree twin mean that all this system achieves is making it louder, not better-sounding. It genuinely sounds like a 250cc two-stroke vespa, not at all like a classy, meaty 500cc super-scoot.
Over the years, experimenting with different systems, I've come to the conclusion that the bigger the individual cylinders, the better the exhaust sounds, and that an uneven firing interval helps matters further. I've never owned a single-cylinder bike with an exhaust, so I'd recommend trying a used system so that you can sell it on without losing a fortune if, like me, you decide that the stock system not only looks but sounds better after all.
Nick
Over the years, experimenting with different systems, I've come to the conclusion that the bigger the individual cylinders, the better the exhaust sounds, and that an uneven firing interval helps matters further. I've never owned a single-cylinder bike with an exhaust, so I'd recommend trying a used system so that you can sell it on without losing a fortune if, like me, you decide that the stock system not only looks but sounds better after all.
Nick


